Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) UpdateMarch 13, 2020
With growing concerns around COVID-19, we want to provide you with an update on our response to date and our commitment to you moving forward.
The health, safety, and well being of our staff, partners and guests are our top priorities. We are closely monitoring the situation, following the advice of Canadian public health authorities and are taking proactive measures that include:
- Providing alcohol-based sanitizing stations throughout the Hall and providing sanitizer pumps at workstations
- Frequent disinfectant wipe downs of common contact surfaces
- Sanitization of sport equipment in our youth participation zone after each individual use
- Twice daily cleaning and sanitation of the facility
- A requirement for Sports Hall teammates to stay home if they are sick or have any symptoms
Temporary suspension of:
- stadium and locker room tours; and
- climbing wall operations
As of March 12th, the risk of contracting the illness in British Columbia remains low – but precautions are being taken. We will continue to act upon the latest advice of BC’s Chief Medical Officer and will adapt our operations as necessary and recommended.
The situation is changing daily and we continue to monitor the following resources for updates:
BC Centre for Disease Control
Vancouver Coastal Health
World Health Organization
Should you have any questions or concerns related to any upcoming visit to the BC Sports Hall of Fame, please reach out to us at email@example.com.